Are you excited for winter in the Greenbelt? You should be!
From ice-wine festivals, to wreath-making workshops, to Christmas on a farm, there are many ways to get your local fix this winter.
Here’s our list of fun local food adventures to look forward to in the wintery months ahead.
- Wreath-making workshop in Mulmur from November 14 to December 12 - Bring your family and learn how to make your very own holiday wreath!
- Christmas Market in Flesherton on November 28 - Visit Grey County to get in the spirit of Christmas and buy local products at the Flesherton Farmers’ Market.
- A Main Street Christmas in Schomberg on December 5 - Enjoy a fun-filled, old-fashioned Christmas experience for the whole family. Don’t forget to check out the popular ‘Farmers’ Parade of Lights’!
- Fest-of-Ales in Burlington on December 3 - Do you love craft beer? Quench your thirst with 12 local and regional craft breweries at the Royal Botanical Gardens.
- Christmas Open House in Milton on weekends of December 5, 6, 12 and 13 - Get out to Springridge Farm to take part in Christmas activities or to buy local food to make your holiday entertaining easy.
- Puddicombe Polar Express in Hamilton on December 5, 6, 12 and 13 - Go enjoy Puddicombe’s version of the Polar Express! What better way to enjoy winter than by a train ride on a magical tour of the estate and listening to Christmas stories told by Ms. Claus, while the adults enjoy a few food and wine pairings?
- Lunch with Santa at Downey’s Farm in Caledon from December 5 to 6 - Skip the Santa mall madness and take your children to have lunch with Santa at Downey’s Farm.
- Inglewood Farmers Market Holiday Bazaar in Caledon on December 12 - Get in the spirit of the holiday season and get a little shopping done at the Inglewood Farmers’ Market.
- Niagara Icewine Festival in Niagara Falls from January 15 to 31 - Sip and savour some of the best Icewine’s and culinary adventure’s that Ontario’s Greenbelt has to offer at this much anticipated festival. From roasted chestnuts to winery tours, now’s the time to find a babysitter so you and your friends or significant other can visit.
- A Taste of Niagara-on-the-Lake in Niagara-on-the-Lake on January 23 - Taste the best food and wine that Niagara-on-the-Lake has to offer!
- Wiarton Willie Festival in Wiarton from January 30 to 31 - Visit Bruce County to find out when winter will end!
– Andreea Nicoara